Wednesday 6 February 2013

Music and Memories


If eyes are the mirrors to the soul, music is the mirror to the heart. Music is my secret shifter. Whether it is agonising pain or numbing despair or heart breaking lonliness, music heals everything. It’s my second love (The first being Rain). My favorite playlist today( 6th February 2013) includes –


High Hopes by Pink Floyd
Something in the way by Nirvana
Black by Pearl Jam
Silent Lucidity by Queensryche
A Thousand Years by Sting
My Immortal by Evanescence
Boy and the Ghost by Tarja Turunen
A Distance There Is by Theatre of Tragedy
Iris by Goo Goo Dolls
Carnival of Rust by Poets of the Fall
Last Regret by Paradise Lost
Don’t look back in anger by Oasis
Boom, like that by Mark Knopfler
Le Onde by Ludovico Einaudi
 Suzanne by Leonard Cohen
Flightless Bird, American Mouth by Iron and Wine
If you want me by Marketa Irglova
Never Enough by Epica
When you say nothing at all by Allison Krauss
All I want is you by U2


And that’s just the tip of the ice berg. Some songs stay with us through out the life and some fade away. 20 years from now, when I’ll be reading my blog, this would be a blissful reminder. I would love to know what got left behind. 50 years from now (if I make it), I’ll listen to this playlist once again. I’m sure a lot of forgotten memories would come back. Just like, Vanessa Williams singing 'Save the best for last' reminds me of a heavy downpour 8 years back, Madonna singing 'Words' reminds me of a heavy downpour 9 years back, Bon Jovi singing 'Keep the Faith' reminds me of a heavy downpour 10 years back, James Hetfield singing 'Fuel' reminds me of a heavy downpour 11 years back, it was Westlife, Linkin Park the preceeding years. Heavy downpour? Well, music will only remind you of the associated memories that are precious to you. Memories that made you really happy or really sad. It’s different for different people. So, what’s your favorite music and what’s the story?

No comments:

Post a Comment